1 pound eye of round
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1. In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, ground black pepper and brown sugar to taste. Mix well and add the steak slices. Place entire mixture with meat into a sealed plastic container and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
2. In the oven, place one oven rack on the highest rack setting and one rack on the lowest setting. Place a piece of aluminum foil OR a baking sheet on the lowest rack, to catch any drippings.
3. Preheat oven to 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
4. Insert a wooden toothpick through the end of each slice of meat, and suspend each slice from the top rack in the oven, using the toothpick as a support for the slice.
5. Bake at 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) with the oven door propped open to allow moisture to escape. Bake for 6 to 8 hours depending on thickness of slices. Jerky should bend, and not snap.
More coming soon!